Thursday, January 26, 2017
This is a recording of my skype conversation with ex-CIA analyst Ray McGovern, in two parts. Among other things, we spoke about the strained relations between the US and Russia, and the underlying causes.
Part 1 (OVOC Podcast 4): On iTunes or SoundCloud.
Part 2 (OVOC Podcast 5): On iTunes or SoundCloud.
The following are links referred to in, or relevant to, the interview:
Ray McGovern's statement at the 2015 UNAC Conference
Bill Bradley on Russia and NATO
Victoria Nuland plots the US-backed coup in the Ukraine
President Obama and Russian President Medvedev - Open Mic
Zbigniew Brzezinski on the global political awakening
Vladimir Putin's speech
The William Casey quote: "We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false."
The Cantonsville Nine burn draft records (1968)
Sunday, January 22, 2017
I'm posting this flowchart just in case any of my liberal friends forget how it's done, although at this point you should know it by heart:
1. Forget about voting for any third parties, even if they're the only ones who embody your values. "Nader, dontcha know. Can't let the Republicans win."
2. Get excited about a Democratic candidate who seems to actually not be a sociopath.
3. Watch helplessly as Democratic Party hacks cheat your candidate out of the nomination.
4. Vote for the candidate foisted on you by those very same Party hacks.
5. Watch helplessly as that candidate loses the general election.
6. Search for a scapegoat: Greens, deplorables, Putin, Assange. Almost anyone (except you) will do.
7. Go to a demonstration.
8. Go home.
And that's all there is to it. (You're welcome.)
Saturday, January 21, 2017
Washington, D.C.; January 21, 2017
Chris Hedges, Jill Stein, Tim Canova, Kshama Sawant, Chase Iron Eyes, Bryan Koulouris
From the Organizers:
Trump's pro-billionaire agenda and plans to wage war on the environment, deport three million immigrants, undermine public sector unions, and nominate a reactionary Supreme Court justice are not just idle threats. Yet the neoliberal leaders of the Democratic Party cannot stop Trump now, anymore than during the election. How can we build powerful mass movements capable of decisively defeating the right and providing a real alternative for ordinary working people, immigrants, LGBTQ people and youth? Can the Democratic Party be reformed, or does the left need to build independently?
This event is part of Occupy Inauguration's weekend of resistance, sponsored by the Green Party, Socialist Alternative, Occupy Wall Street, Movement for the 99%, and the Stein/Baraka campaign.
Progress for All
Listen to the 58:30 podcast on iTunes or SoundCloud.